Get Involved. Make a difference. Be a volunteer.
PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter is a volunteer-run organization that relies on people like you for our success. We are always looking for people willing to help us out on standing committees, for special events, and for strategic initiatives that help us grow as a chapter and as individuals.
- Strengthen our chapter and make a difference!
- Earn PDUs for volunteer activities within your local chapter by "giving back to the profession."
- Use your competencies and learn new project management skills in the process.
- Network and get to know members of your local PMI community better!
What Do Volunteers Do?
- Mentor the study group, by sharing experiences with a specific knowledge area or with writing the PMP exam.
- Organize events, like James Brown or our annual Professional Development Day.
- Manage the registration desk at Luncheons or other events.
- Share ideas on how to increase value for members, build our volunteers, and develop the structure for our board of directors.
Where do I Start?
Volunteering with us is easier than ever with PMI's Volunteer Relationship Management System (VRMS). This tool is an extension of your Profile on PMI.org that makes it easy to search for volunteer opportunities throughout the world. Find it here:
Here's how it works:
- Go to PMI.org and under Membership, click on “Find Volunteer Opportunities”, or just use the above link.
- Log into the VRMS using your PMI.org username and password.
- Update your volunteer profile by uploading your resume, updating your volunteer service history, and checking off your Areas of Interest.
- Search and apply for opportunities that match your interests. You will receive email notifications regarding the status of your application.
- Watch for email notifications of new opportunities that match your interests.
- Come back to VRMS regularly to see if any other opportunities are of interest.
I Have Questions or Ideas
Do you want more information or do you have a great idea for how you could contribute? Email our Director of Volunteers (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the VP of Advocacy (email@example.com).