The objective of the PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter’s study group is to support project management professionals, who are qualified to write the PMP or CAPM certification exam, prepare to write the exam.
- Learn from certified volunteer chapter members who will provide mentorship and support by sharing of their PMBOK® knowledge and industry expertise;
- Learn from recent exam writers on their experiences preparing for the exam;
- Meet likeminded people who are preparing to write the certification exam; and
- Receive key studying resources including 90-day access to online practice questions.
The study group is an excellent forum to review the terms and concepts, discuss and clarify issues which may not be easy to understand, and relate to project management practices in different organizations. PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter will facilitate a study group by providing:
- A space and time for a Study Group to come together;
- Mentors and speakers;
- Facilitate fun and interactive activities to test knowledge; and
- Current Resources List.
Study Group Schedule and Fees
The PMI North Saskatchewan Chapter will host one open house session and three group sessions. All sessions will be held at the Edwards School of Business – K.W. Nasser Centre (256 3rd Avenue South)
|Open House||6:00pm January 18, 2017|
|Session 1 – PM Introduction||6:00pm February 1, 2017|
|Session 2 – Organizational Influences and Project Life Cycle||6:00pm February 8, 2017|
|Session 3 – Project Management Processes||6:00pm February 15, 2017|
Open House Session (1 Hour Session)
- This session will provide an opportunity for registered participants and potential participants to learn about the program and resources available to them to prepare for the certification exam; and
- Review exam qualification requirements.
Group Sessions (2 - 3 Hours per Session)
- A mentor will provide overview presentations for the first three chapters of the PMBOK® – Fifth Edition to relay the foundation and basics, and provide tips and tricks for the exam prep and highlight key learning areas;
- A recent exam writer will share their experiences preparing for the exam;
- The group will share their resources and studying philosophy; and
- At the end of the three group sessions, participants will be encouraged to form their own study groups or pair up with a study accountability partner.
The cost is $80.00 for members, $85.00 for non-members. Fees include three group sessions, and online access to practice exam questions – 90 day access activated for start of study group ($59 USD Value).